[AusNOG] telstra.extranet limitations

Ross [Eve IT] ross at eve-it.net
Mon Jul 31 11:37:44 EST 2017

Hi all,

Just wondering, has anyone come across limitations with telstra.extranet.
We use it for accessing sites remotely, makes the deployment a little
simpler being able to connect to the device directly leveraging dyndns.

I can't seem to get a site to site VPN (IPSec) working on telstra.extranet,
I get a public IP address, basic connectivity is there, so the sim has the
right codes.
As soon as I switch it to telstra.internet (private IP) vpn works fine.

Has anyone come across any limitations like this?
Just to rule that out!

Cheers everyone, thanks for reading!

Ross.