[AusNOG] Optus outage last night?

Chris Hurley chris at minopher.net.au
Wed Jul 5 19:26:09 EST 2017

I¹ve found through many years in the majority of cases you can specify 2,
3, 4 fall back DNS servers but rarely in practise does the DNS request
ever get passed to the 2nd, 3rd etc. Very frustrating but the reality in
the domestic market and a lot of the business market.

I¹ll throw this question to a couple of people who are at the top of tech
DNS tree and see what they have to say. Besides from buy their product ;-)

Regards,

Chris Hurley BE (Elec)
Signal Manager

Dragon Rail Pty Ltd     Phone: 1300 730 531
74 Allanfield Crescent
Boronia,  3155 Victoria
Australia