[AusNOG] Anyone know about this? High speed internet for Queensland's Richmond graziers

Narelle narellec at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 10:19:12 EST 2017

No, it's more than just one family getting service. It's a community of
interest for sure, but my reading of it is 'carrier license required'.
Definitely could be wrong, but someone would need to be the designated
licensee.

They may have used one of the newer ones (I note a couple of community
based ones in the latest list) or it may have been the council coordinating
things. That would add yet another local council getting a carrier license.
In this brave new world of IoT I expect to see more and more of that and
services evolving quite differently.

For those wondering about licenses - the best place to look is here:
http://www.acma.gov.au/Industry/Telco/Carriers-and-service-providers/Licensing

Always interesting to see what the new ones are up to...

Narelle

--

Narelle
narellec at gmail.com