[AusNOG] vyos | more than 2 member interface in a bonded interface

Paul Gear ausnog at libertysys.com.au
Thu Jan 12 10:12:45 EST 2017

On 12/01/17 08:27, Mark Anthony Delfin wrote:
> Thanks Mark. I have asked the vyos mailing list as well yesterday.  I
> wasn't hoping for a personal free tech support just checking if someone
> has encountered a similar experience.

>     On 11 January 2017 at 13:59, Mark Anthony Delfin
>     <mark-hg2XJLxOSoizQB+pC5nmwQ at public.gmane.org
>     <mailto:mark at delfin.me>> wrote:
>     > Hi Ausnog,
>     >
>     > Forgive me if this query is inappropriate.
>     >
>     > I am trying to add 4 gigabit ports in a bonded interface but it seems
>     > unstable if there are more than 2 enabled  member interfaces in
>     > the group.
>     > The same settings on the Juniper EX4200 doesn't have any issue on
>     > a non-vyos device.  Is this a limitation on the vyos?

Hi Mark,

I don't have a box handy to test on, but I'm pretty confident that the
behaviour you're seeing is not an inherent limitation of bonding on
Linux.  VyOS may be placing an administrative limit on it, but I doubt it.

In terms of support forums, you might get quicker response by jumping on
Freenode IRC #vyos - it's pretty active most days.

Regards,
Paul