[AusNOG] Meraki Switches

Paul Holmanskikh ausnog at pkholm.com
Fri Feb 24 09:37:23 EST 2017

I would recommend to steer away from any Meraki product.  Mostly because
lack of control over equipment you own.  We have deployed not a small
number of Meraki routes and WAP to some of our customers.  Things was fine
in the beginning, then Meraki released firmware update which suddenly break
things.  Network was revisited, and things fixed. After some time is other
thing is get change by Meraki and it starts again. It is possible to
postpone of new firmware deployment, but not indefinitely. Sooner or later
you will have to allow firmware to be deployed and deal with consequences.

Other moment, Meraki tech support is not same as cisco TAC, it is _much_
worst.