[AusNOG] HP 5920 and Cisco 3945 OSPF ECMP drop outs

Murat Sener Murat.Sener at premiertech.com.au
Thu Feb 23 12:20:04 EST 2017

Hi All,

I have a situation where I have a 2x cisco 3945e routers talking to a stacked hp 5920 switch over OSPF the networks presented have 4 paths available in the routing table we have noticed random 1-2 min drop outs, I have managed to get to the bottom of the issue and it sounds like the load balancing on the hp is set to per-session and on the cisco routers it is set to per destination when I bring down one of the port-channel (each port-channel delivers 2 paths) that houses 2 of the paths the issue goes away however when I have both port channels online and ospf adj is full we get random drop outs across the day causing the hp switch to go offline.

Anyone else having a similar issue with ospf with ecmp between cisco and hp?

Thanks

Regards,
Murat Sener

--
MESSAGE PROTECTED BY PREMIER TECHNOLOGY SOLUTIONS - POWERED BY MAILGUARD.