[AusNOG] NBN Satellite Latency

Ross Wheeler ausnog at rossw.net
Thu Feb 9 15:50:34 EST 2017

On Wed, 8 Feb 2017, Scott Weeks wrote:

> !00% agree to that.  And yes, to the issues the uninitiated will experience.
> It's close enough, though, that a person can get used to it quickly if they're
> using it regularly.

The point I'd made (which seems to have been ignored) is that amongst my
"needs" - was the office phones.

When your phone calls are primarily with the mug public, customers, and
other people of random background and technical expertise, "expecting"
them to work out "how to use a high-latency VoIP circuit" is just plain
unreasonable.

To me, satellite isn't merely "the last option", it simply "isn't an
option".

R.