[AusNOG] Switch installation in data centre racks - front facing, or rear facing?

Nick Pratley nick.pratley at serversaustralia.com.au
Tue Aug 29 21:30:27 EST 2017

I should have grabbed a quick photo, was just in the DC.

You’re right. The maximum length is 2 meters and it’ll cover anything in the rack to any port.

No 3 meter cables, no loops in between the rack walls and the servers. Small service length on each bundle that ticks away nicely. Nothing bad at all about it in my eyes.

Our Infrastructure Team did a great job with the layouts.