[AusNOG] TBB NBN Issue (Duplicate FNN)

Jarryd Sullivan Jarryd.Sullivan at area9.com.au
Tue Aug 29 12:33:37 EST 2017

G'day, wondering if anyone has ever heard of Telstra accidently allocating a customer's new TBB NBN installation a different FNN than that of their existing Telstra account? The one that was allocated is a duplicate of another Telstra customer (not related in any way shape or form) in SA apparently, which has caused my customer to get allocated an IP address which is the same as the SA customers ADSL service. This is causing no dataflow.

We've spoken with the Telstra support multiple times, they've had tech visits and those techs spoke to the "NBN Back of House team" which confirmed it's a duplicate IP issue hence why we have no data flow on the TBB NBN service. So the process was meant to be get a new FNN and IP address which has apparently been done, but now Telstra are telling us that we need to configure our router correctly to get the new IP we've been allocated working. The router is configured to get a DHCP lease (as has always been the requirement by Telstra NBN services) and we're still being allocated the old IP.

We've spoken with the account manager whom keeps getting tech support to call us back but we're going around in circles with a customer that's had absolutely no internet since the 21st of this month.

Hoping someone has come across this before or has any idea as to where we can go next above the account manager who doesn't seem to be putting us in touch with the right people.

Replies off list please, thanks

Jarryd Sullivan

The information contained in this message and any attachments may be confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not use or forward the information contained in these documents. If you have received this message in error, please delete the email and notify the sender.

Internet communications are not secure. You should scan this message and any attachments for viruses. Under no circumstances do we accept liability for any loss or damage which may result from your receipt of this message or any attachments.