[AusNOG] QoS on Internet traffic

Paul Wilkins paulwilkins369 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 21 00:27:11 EST 2017

There's market forces both sides, the content providers who want a premium
service, and the advertisers, whose business model is subsidised by the
imposed market failure. That's how externalities work. But legislating for
market failures to subsidise the vested interests of advertisers, means
consumers paying in terms of worse service than their money pays for.
Essentially a differentiated tariff model would mean consumers who want
high quality content/real time services, could have those demands met in
the market. The advertisers resist this, because they would be relegated to
carriage with bulk data.

Kind regards

Paul Wilkins