[AusNOG] Telstra 'Corporate' contact

Damien Gardner Jnr rendrag at rendrag.net
Mon Apr 24 15:35:46 EST 2017

That's always been the way with TID.  First it was no BGP on dialup, then
when ADSL came out, ADSL was excluded from it as well.  Now that NBN is
here, it's the same.  The explanation they gave when I first enquired about
it, in the dialup days, was it was a stability issue as PPP sessions may
drop multiple times an hour, and get your prefixes blacklisted.

On 24 April 2017 at 15:25, Joseph Goldman <joe at apcs.com.au> wrote:

> I should also point out, the limitation of 'No NBN Tails' is a Telstra
> specific limitation, i.e. *Telstra* dont support BGP on any of *their*
> NBN tails, only on their more directly connected type of services such as
> Metro Ethernet.
>
> Thanks,
> Joe
>

> On 24/04/17 14:39, Joseph Goldman wrote:
>
> To those other providers cold-calling me out of the blue that are an
> UNRELATED service to what I was asking for, please dont.
>
> I know what I want, I specifically want to talk to Telstra
> corporate/retail/whoever about it. I dont want to be pitched other
> products, otherwise I would have asked.
>
> Unfortunately so far through a few contacts I've gotten, it seems that BGP
> over NBN delivered services are a no-go, i.e. I need to go their version of
> Metro Ethernet or IP-Line or whatever they prefer to call it. Unfortunately
> this significantly increases the cost, kind of killing the point of getting
> it on an NBN tail.
>
> Thanks,
> Joe
>
> On 24/04/17 09:24, Joseph Goldman wrote:
>
> Hi *,
>
>  Does anyone have a good contact/account manager for Telstra Internet
> Direct services?
>
>  Looking to have a service delivered over NBN FTTP - that allows BGP also.
>
>  I've tried calling the local 'business center', they had to refer it to
> corporate, who never got back to me.
>  I've tried calling the sales lines who have no idea really what im
> talking about.
>
>  Just appreciate a contact that I can get a solid quote off who knows what
> kind of service I'm actually after.
>
> Thanks,
> Joe

Damien Gardner Jnr