[AusNOG] NBN Commsday Presentation

Damian Ivereigh damo at launtel.net.au
Thu Apr 20 13:39:27 EST 2017

Mark,

Actually it's not only about the price - it is also that the aggregator
often doesn't provide the products that NBN provides (such as traffic
classes other than 4), or that the aggregator's provisioning and fault
resolution systems are often poor ("swivel chair provisioning").

As a customer of the aggregator you also have no control over the
contention on the network (before it gets to you), they tend to allocate
a fixed amount of bandwidth to each connection and that's it. No
opportunity to increase it, no opportunity to prioritise traffic, offer
low latency products etc.

Damian