[AusNOG] ADSL2+ throughput ncrease

Damian Ivereigh damo at launtel.net.au
Mon Apr 17 22:52:05 EST 2017

On 17/04/17 21:38, Karl Auer wrote:
> On Mon, 2017-04-17 at 21:24 +1000, Cameron Murray wrote:
>> Not to out this our there but could you have been moved to Fttn and
>> the vdsl is running as adsl2+?
> Would that be possible without any noticeable Telstra activity anywhere
> within a kilometre of the house? Could have missed it I suppose, but
> it's fairly rural here and I think I'd have seen something.
>
> Internode support would know about it, surely? I'd have thought there
> would be administrative changes related to it...?
>
> Regards, K.
I would be surprised if this has happened, but given that Internode use
the same connection method for ADSL and NBN (i.e. PPPoE), it is
technically possible. It could have been transferred to the NBN by
mistake. Shove your address into NBN's website and see if the area has
been turned on. If it has, then there is no way Telstra would be rolling
out a tophat.

Damian

--
Launtel - We're at your call