[AusNOG] Sky Muster - Grey Nomad Clarification

Ross Wheeler ausnog at rossw.net
Mon Apr 17 18:01:24 EST 2017

On Mon, 17 Apr 2017, Skeeve Stevens wrote:

> Isn't the mobility dependent on the dish tracking?
> This is the same for yachts, etc where as long as the dish can re-align itself, it doesn't really matter where it is.

I'm no expert on this matter, but I was lead to believe that a service was
assigned to a particular transponder on a particular beam, depending on
where it was located at the time of provisioning, and the inference being
that if you moved it more than a trivial distance, you may not continue to
see that transponder/beam. Even if it did work, it could (in theory, if
not in practice) result in an over-contended service where you moved it
to?

Like I said, not knowledgable on this, and might be talking out my @rse.