[AusNOG] Problems with ported number - ideas?

Nathan Brookfield Nathan.Brookfield at simtronic.com.au
Wed Apr 12 10:26:54 EST 2017

Hi Ross,

This is actually s pretty common occurrence and we've been through this pain several times recently.

As AAPT are the actual carrier and would have a direct relationship with Telstra for porting, they need to raise the issue and provide call examples of the source and destination numbers with dates and times.  Telstra will push back but they need to force them to pay attention and escalate.

We are actually looking at something similar at the moment but it has happened 6 months after the port completed and the issue only occurs from Telstra Mobile but not landline, ISDN etc.  Once they acknowledge they can reproduce the issue that's usually when the stress starts while they spend 3-4 days finding someone inside Telstra who can fix it.

Nathan Brookfield
Chief Executive Officer

Simtronic Technologies Pty Ltd
http://www.simtronic.com.au