[AusNOG] Telstra Wireless IPv6 Deployment

Sunny Yeung xevious60 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 3 13:59:16 EST 2017

Hi AusNoggers

Thank you so far for your support and patience while we enable IPv6 for
everyone on the Telstra network.

I wish to advise that the Telstra Wireless network will disable DNS64
temporarily for 1 month on the Telstra.wap APN starting tomorrow. This is
to facilitate preparation of a system we are upgrading to support IPv6
Single-Stack in the very near future. This unfortunately means our IPv6
Single-Stack power users will not be able to reach IPv4 only destinations.

If you are impacted, please change your configuration to IPv4/v6 or IPv4
only as Dual-Stack and IPv4 Single-Stack will be unaffected. We expect this
issue to be resolved by the end of April 2017. We have launched and
supported Dual-Stack since September 2016.

You may contact the engineering team directly if you have specific
issues.ipv6wirelessdeployment at team.telstra.com

Thank-You for your understanding.

Sunny