[AusNOG] RISK - IT Industry - Concern Over Equipment Being, Installed in Data Centre Facilities - Further Replies

Bob Purdon bobp at purdon.id.au
Tue Sep 27 12:48:51 EST 2016

> 2. Physical seperation? Your last DC's at NextDC were approximately
> 1000m2 per suite, how do you call that physical separation?

Err, I thought it was fairly obvious that Bevan meant physical separation as
in half your gear in a facility in Melbourne, and half in Sydney, or half in
a facility on one side of Melbourne and half in a facility on the other.  I
don't think anyone here seriously considers two different data halls in the
same facility to be "physically separate" in this context.