[AusNOG] RISK - IT Industry - Concern Over Equipment Being, Installed in Data Centre Facilities - Further Replies

chrismacko80 chrismacko80 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 12:25:45 EST 2016

Mark - It's easy to make assumptions, haven't you heard assumptions
are the mother of all .......? What have you personally found out
about them for yourself? It's easy to be a sceptic, and there's far
too many spectics in our existing cultural make-up.

I have found the CEC useful to inform me of legislative changes
attempted to be passed in our federal and state laws, in particular
bail-in provisions that would allow depositors funds to be used to
prop up any failed bank that is at risk as a result of increasing its'
overall financial risk in the use of derivatives funding since GFC,
Australia's risk has increased substantially in this area rather than
reducing, it doesn't appear the regulatory controls since GFC (ie
APRA) have been insufficient to regulate this area to minimise risk to
the overall market/economy? I say that as a question rather than a
statement. I've been led to believe the guarantees our government gave
toward depositors savings in our big 4 banks savings also have been
substantially diluted since the time of introduction, how many of you
have been informed of this? I certainly haven't heard a squeak from
media. You may be able to study this for yourself based upon the
information available, and then research independently to verify
portions of information and authenticity. It wasn't all that long ago,
one of Austria's banks collapsed, and depositors funds were used to
prop the failed bank. April "10, 2016, 12:00 Noon EDT: “In a move
which could trigger a collapse of European banks, Austria  “Bailed-in”
a failed bank; seizing depositor money to pay bank debts, leaving
citizens broke". If you're interested to learn more about this, see
https://investmentwatchblog.com/breaking-austria-orders-bail-in-on-heta-creditors-subordinate-debt-100-haircut-senior-debt-54/
and http://beforeitsnews.com/opinion-liberal/2016/04/banking-crisis-explodes-in-europe-on-a-sunday-afternoon-austria-orders-first-ever-bank-bail-in-takes-depositors-money-for-failed-bank-2526191.html.
There are many other sources of valid reputation available online.

CEC recommends the Glass-Steagall financial model as a standard, which
appears to be good for our economy and minimises the overall risk as
all banking institutions are forced to choose between either
commercial or investment banking, the productive functions of banks
are federally protected and insured, while worthless speculative
activities are left out to dry. Essentially, speculative activity is
thrown out while commercial & deposit banking is protected. It sounds
safer to me than the existing system with the big 4 operating in all
areas, some of which may be extremely risky in the long run.

I think we're really getting off topic here though, however I feel by
your comments it's important to inform my personal feelings that the
CEC appear to go to great lengths to investigate before they publish
stories. They could also be sued if their information was incorrect,
the reason why they research fully before publishing and disseminating
the information to their reader base.

Sure I don't agree with their attacks on the Nazi/Royal
family/government establishments, my personal belief is that a better
way of showing others that made mistakes in the past, that we make the
decision to provide a solid and good example in the way in which we
conduct ourselves in this country. I mean how can the politicians
think that building a nuclear waste plant in the country is a good
idea, can't they come up with any innovative ideas of their own - ie
software that they can license to all the other countries and reap
massive rewards to the country, eventually reducing our individual tax
levels? I'm wondering whether their existing marketing campaign to get
informed is a PR exercise and ask whether the deal for going ahead
with the project has already been signed. If so, I'd be calling for
the immediate sacking of anyone that was aware and did not make aware
our countries citizens, and continued to mislead them.

No, the CEC are not interested in the IT industry and xray technology,
but they are interested in seeing good leadership at the helm of our
nation.

I'm going to refrain from getting off topic from the original post
from this point forward via the public forum.

Chris Macko.