[AusNOG] RISK - IT Industry - Concern Over Equipment Being, Installed in Data Centre Facilities - Further Replies

Mark Smith markzzzsmith at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 09:25:23 EST 2016

On 26 September 2016 at 23:33, chrismacko80 <chrismacko80 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Still seem to be getting some emails being blocked via gmail, so have
> initiated a seperate thread in replies to all that have been received
> to date;
>
> Thomas Jackson - Thanks for your reply. I find it somewhat odd that we
> have bulletproof glass considered at the front entry foyer yet no
> process for checking for such harmful substances being wheeled in.
> Which poses a more significant threat and likelihood - a data centre
> isn't somewhere that you hold up as it doesn't contain any cash in
> most cases!

You're still over estimating how easy these materials are to get in
the volumes necessary for the attack to be effective. I have some
insights as I have a close relative who is licensed by the government
to acquire and use these sorts of materials, and I've been present
when they've been used.

This is not a significant threat.

<snip>