[AusNOG] RISK - IT Industry - Concern Over Equipment Being, Installed in Data Centre Facilities

Alan Maher alanmaher at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 14:42:05 EST 2016

I would respectfully suggest that the biggest risk to any data centre,
(excluding a disgruntled employee) would be from small aircraft.
While the safety record of large passenger jets has improved beyond
previous years, the safety record of small planes has not.
Locating a data centre outside the flight path of large planes is a good
idea, but that makes no difference to small planes which seemingly
crash constantly in the US, and without due regard to where they crash.
Just type into google, small plane crash, and you will get the drift.
As for the Chinese Space station, I suspect the Chinese have sufficient
technology
available to bring it down with missiles, and if not, the then US or
Russia would.
Most likely over the Pacific Ocean, like all the others .

Cheers
Alan Maher

---