[AusNOG] RISK - IT Industry - Concern Over Equipment Being Installed in Data Centre Facilities - RE Colin's Response

chrismacko80 chrismacko80 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 25 21:46:47 EST 2016

Hi Colin,

Thanks for your reply. RE "tinfoil hat", I wish I was the Wizard of
Oz, that's certainly not the topic of discussion though. I am a little
surprised how valid concerned can be passed off as advertisining, in
particular from an individual that has nothing to benefit, offer nor
sell as a solution for a perceived challenge.

I'm bringing forward to the industry a valid concern. If it's not a
concern for most data centres, I choose it to make it my concern where
to host my apps and in particular the data centres I choose that will
satisfy my risk levels for the software that I develop, even if it
means going to countries that have a stricter level of scrutiny.

I'm a little disgusted at your reply.

Chris Macko