[AusNOG] Ransomware...

grenville armitage garmitage at swin.edu.au
Sat Sep 24 14:09:18 EST 2016

On 09/24/2016 10:21, Robert Hudson wrote:
     [..]

> Paying a criminal a ransom when they have carried out an illegal act is legitimising the business model.

Precisely the reason I believe we should refuse to hand over our wallets or purses to muggers. Make a stand. Refuse to legitimise an illegal business model. I shouldn't have been walking down that street without backup(s) anyway...

</stretched_analogy>

(I don't know who I'm taking the piss out of, but the thread smells way past its use-by minute in any case.)

cheers,
gja