[AusNOG] Complexity is not an excuse for an industry-wide cop-out (was Re: Conroy quit.)

Darren Moss Darren.Moss at cloud365.com.au
Tue Sep 20 17:17:19 EST 2016

New Zealand has VDSL unlimited @ 30-40MBps for $79 per month (retail).

Fibre is also being rolled out but only in cities - rural is later, but why would most people need to move from VDSL.

This is from my place over there.

DSL synchronization status:
Up

Connection status:

Showtime
Upstream line rate (kbit/s):
7252

Downstream line rate (kbit/s):
37365

Maximum upstream rate (kbit/s):
7368

Maximum downstream rate (kbit/s):
38362

Upstream noise safety coefficient (dB):
11.7

Downstream noise safety coefficient (dB):
12.1

Upstream interleave depth:
0

Downstream interleave depth: