[AusNOG] Complexity is not an excuse for an industry-wide cop-out (was Re: Conroy quit.)

Chris Brown cbbrown at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 12:43:51 EST 2016

On 19 September 2016 at 07:48, Nick Stallman <nick at agentpoint.com> wrote:

> I thought most consumers bought the cheapest internet possible then just
> complain loudly when their 4 Apple TV's can't stream at the same time at 4k.

I think that will change over time as the performance of streaming services
becomes the key driving factor for people and their knowledge grows because
it's what people care about the most. If Netflix/stan/presto buffers a lot
then it's cause to move providers. If torrents run at 30Mbit/s instead of
100Mbit/s then it's annoying but not critical.