[AusNOG] Aus Industry Congratulations Email

Ross Wheeler ausnog at rossw.net
Wed Sep 7 07:37:30 EST 2016

On Tue, 6 Sep 2016, Tom Berryman wrote:

> So sFlow sampling is sufficient you say?

Yeah, I was going to raise that.
Despite all the discussions a year ago, the level of ignorance being
displayed here is astounding.

I can only conclude that some of the comments are being made by people who
don't have a DRIP in place, and since everyone who "needs" one (IE, ISPs
and carriers) would already have them in place... have people forgotten,
or are these comments coming from people who have no idea what is
required?

(sFlow could never possibly be sufficient to comply, and even netflow
won't provide the information required either - because it's not "just"
the IP addresses and time that we are required to capture! To those who
think it is: READ THE LEGISLATION)