[AusNOG] Aus Industry Congratulations Email

Matt Smee m.smee at unsw.edu.au
Tue Sep 6 11:53:01 EST 2016

>"They're selling a message to the government that Internet service is a serious, costly business."
Perhaps there are better ways to meet that outcome than to punish the wider community by using money that could've went to better services? Hell, even beneficial services...

>" Curiosity forces me to ask: What influence in government circles is gained by aiming cheap?"
They contract consultants from your standard big four companies...go figure. However, just because someone thinks expensive = better doesn't mean we should buy expensive. I could really get on a soapbox here but I'll summarise it as "that's exactly what those vendors want you to think".

>"Perhaps service providers are worth listening too when they (try to) speak (as a lobby) in the future."
After seeing the results here I sure as hell wouldn't have.