[AusNOG] Aus Industry Congratulations Email

Mark Newton newton at atdot.dotat.org
Tue Sep 6 10:18:34 EST 2016

On 6 Sep 2016, at 09:56, Skeeve Stevens <skeeve+ausnog at eintellegonetworks.com> wrote:
> Australians as a community doesn't stand up for much, so they government can whatever the hell it likes.

That's deflection. You can't shine the spotlight on everyone else when your industry didn't stand up for it either.

> The community didn't really understand what the DR bill even was

Must be their fault.

> or care as our bodies representing us cared more about their friendly relationship with the government

Their fault too.

You all had about seven years to organize on this issue, and did bupkis. A little bit of introspective analysis into why that happened might be instructive.

   - mark