[AusNOG] Russian spy ship 'Yantar' loitering in the vicinity of undersea cables

Mark Smith markzzzsmith at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 19:36:11 EST 2016

On 20 Oct. 2016 3:35 pm, "Alan Maher" <alanmaher at gmail.com> wrote:

> Meanwhile, a little closer to home (for us Kiwis anyway)..................
> http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11721464

They want to know how you grow so many sheep.

> On 20/10/2016 3:28 p.m., John Glendenning wrote:
>>
>> Syria and the Crimea are the major warm water ports for the Russians -
critical for their trade/commerce & military.

>> Destroying/monitoring communications or threat of same would be an
important piece of the warfare puzzle if shit went down in the region. The
brinkmanship has been happening for a few years now but will ramp up post
US election.

>> John G.
>>
>> On 20 October 2016 at 12:29, Robert Hudson <hudrob at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Where the intent may just be to make us think they're up to something,
and not actually to snoop on our data.

>>> Don't underestimate the mind games that Russia under Putin will play -
this is why I'm so worried about Trump becoming US President, Putin will
run circles around him and goad him into doing something really, REALLY
stupid.

security partners, whereas here there is a prima facie case the Russians
are either stalking or loitering with intent.

James Braunegg

ship ‘Yantar’ (Project 22010) which has been loitering in the vicinity of
undersea cables in Eastern Med (Syria and Cyprus)

contain privileged or confidential information. If you are not the intended
recipient of this message you must not use, copy, distribute or disclose it
to anyone other than the addressee. If you have received this message in
error please return the message to the sender by replying to it and then
delete the message from your computer.