[AusNOG] Purchasing Cisco ASR1001-X

Rhys Hanrahan rhys at nexusone.com.au
Thu Oct 20 14:34:37 EST 2016

Hi All,

We’re looking to purchase some Cisco ASR1001-Xs. I’ve got a couple of places already lined up, but I’m looking for suggestions on where to get the best prices, as we don’t have any relationships in place in terms of purchasing Cisco equipment and obtaining discounts from Cisco etc.

To expand slightly further, I’m looking at getting:

·         4x ASR1001-X (if ASR1001-HX is similar price then maybe – but I’m guessing not). AC PSUs.

·         With 16 GB RAM Upgrade

·         With Advanced IP Services licensing (I believe this is SASR1K1XUK9-312S and SLASR1-AIS)

·         With Cisco Support 8X5XNBD (CON-SNT-ASR1001X)

Potentially looking at the following licensing additions as well (depending on if I can get a good bundle price on the licensing):

·         FLSASR1-FW

·         FLASR1-NAT64-2M

·         2x FLSA1-BIN-1X10GE per unit.

Any advice appreciated.