[AusNOG] PSTN to NBN FTTN conversion. Phone no porting delay since 16/09/16

Mark Delany g2x at juliet.emu.st
Thu Oct 13 12:25:49 EST 2016

> Quote from the ISP (not Telstra, so it may or may not be true) "they need
> to release it from the quarantine pool and reactivate the number"

Oops. A quarantined number sounds like the ADSL service got cancelled
*then* they initated the port. Should be around the other way.

As a general rule, I suggest people use the transition as an
opportunity to find an ISP-independent VOIP provider and port their
number *before* the transition. This of course is difficult if the
ISPs can't give you a firm transition date.

If Telstra are recovering the number from quarantine, then all is not
lost, at least it sounds like you'll get the number back eventually...

Mark.