[AusNOG] PSTN to NBN FTTN conversion. Phone no porting delay since 16/09/16

Phil Memery memery at clevernetit.com.au
Thu Oct 13 11:49:31 EST 2016

Greetings all
Not sure if this is a common problem or not (although from what I hear
about town it seems to be far more common than it should be).

A conversion to NBN that I have first hand experience with has seen the
ADSL connection dropped, the NBN connection up and running the same day.
So that was all good.
However the porting of the phone no is taking a very long time. The cut
over to NBN was on 16/09/16 still waiting for the phone no to be ported.
The reason we are given is that Telstra is yet to do what they need to
do as a part of the process.

Quote from the ISP (not Telstra, so it may or may not be true)
"they need to release it from the quarantine pool and reactivate the number"

Anyone know if this is what is happening? if so is there someone I can
talk to off list to try and get this sorted?

Thanks in advance.

--
Phil Memery     www.clevernetit.com.au      A.B.N: 66 146 234 648
0417 315 935