[AusNOG] IPv6 excuses

Will Dowling will at autodeist.com
Sun May 29 14:02:16 EST 2016

> No, and I don't know how you read this into what I said.  I'm just
> suggesting that deployment should be done with care, and consideration
> for the impact on users.

I haven’t touched any consumer CPE that support IPv6 - but I’d assume they’re running sensible firewall defaults (deny incoming, allow outgoing) for IPv6 out of the box.

Is this in line with people’s experience? Would love to learn from stories either way.

Because if this is the case, the argument about how prevalent host firewalls are on devices is moot in this context.

Will Dowling
will at autodeist.com <mailto:will at autodeist.com>