[AusNOG] IPv6 excuses

Mark Delany g2x at juliet.emu.st
Sat May 28 13:48:36 EST 2016

On 28May16, Robert Hudson allegedly wrote:
> --001a113fb8ecd247b10533dc289e
>
> Dual stack solves ALL of those issues.

You're looking at it from a technical perspective. I'm looking at it
from a business and service perspective.

You are absolutely right that there are no technical hurdles. I think
I am absolutely right that there are - as yet - few business
incentives. If there were no hurdles then v6 would be pervasive in
this country. It's not.

However you want to argue that v6 is rock solid and the kit supports
it everywhere. You can't argue against the abysmal take-up rate.

I don't buy the argument that businesses are in general stupid, they
are optimizing for cost/benefit.

Mark.