[AusNOG] "Host address availability recommendations"

Mark Smith markzzzsmith at gmail.com
Sat May 28 11:01:27 EST 2016

This draft has just been approved for publication by the IESG, meaning
there is only the final editing process to go through before it
becomes an RFC. It is also intended to be a BCP.

It also discusses issues related to recording what device is using
which address at which time (and the weekend challenge is to think
about why I didn't say "who is using which address at which time")

Also note one of the authors. I don't think Mr. Cerf is very active in
the IETF these days, so his name on this one means he considers this
to be a significant recommendation.

"Abstract

   This document recommends that networks provide general-purpose end
   hosts with multiple global IPv6 addresses when they attach, and
   describes the benefits of and the options for doing so."

https://www.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-v6ops-host-addr-availability-07.txt

Regards,
Mark.