[AusNOG] Aust IPv6 growth now tripled

Petri Ojala petri.ojala at gmail.com
Fri May 20 17:32:07 EST 2016

What about the AU mobile carriers, did someone enable IPv6 in the iPhone carrier profile?

Here with my carrier on Android I can enable IPv6 in the APN settings and I'm 10/10 for test-ipv6.  However colleagues with iPhone cannot do it as the profile doesn't support it yet.

We had a peak in the IPv6 usage here in Finland back in June 2013 due to the IPv6 day but since then it's been just ordinary steady growth.  Most consumer carriers have IPv6 enabled but it's not on by default, user need to click DHCPv6-PD or similar.  A major HFC just went DOCSIS 3.1 and offers a gigabit service now, perhaps their new cable modems are finally IPv6 enabled by default.  My gigabit Interweb comes as a RJ45 jack and even that didn't have IPv6 enabled by default.

Petri