[AusNOG] Au IPv6 doubling?

John Edwards jaedwards at gmail.com
Fri May 6 12:16:52 EST 2016

Hi Michael,

The "APNIC" graph over the same time period doesn't show the same bump in
users, so perhaps this is more an artefact of Google improving a caching or
logging facility in Australia?

FWIW, the CBRfree WiFi network in Canberra enabled IPv6 at the end of
February, which would have added about 15,000 devices to the total over the
month.

The busier AdelaideFree WiFi network already handles about 100K IPv6
enabled devices over a month. It is rather nifty that WiFi networks can
take the router/firewall out of the equation and talk direct to IPv6
devices. The maturity of the technology is even more impressive when we can
make a change affecting so many people with only a handful even noticing it
happened (Hi Mark!).

John