[AusNOG] AusNOG Digest, Vol 49, Issue 20

Nick Stallman nick at agentpoint.com
Fri Mar 18 11:10:43 EST 2016

Plus functionally it has been 100% equivalent to 000 since 2002 so there
is no longer any expectation or need to know about it.
International use is only a slight perk, probably undermined by it not
working on landlines.

On 18/03/16 11:08, Robert Hudson wrote:

> On 18 March 2016 at 10:49, Mark Andrews <marka at isc.org
> <mailto:marka at isc.org>> wrote:
>

>     112 is taught about in lots of places.  If you do a first aid course
>     you will almost certainly also be taught about 112 as part of how
>     to contact authorities to get help to you using a mobile.
>
>     A large proportion of the Australian population knows about 112.
>

> I'd hardly call those who've taken professionally run first aid
> courses to be a "large proportion of the Australian population".
>
> Anecdotally, less than 20% of people in my workplace are aware of it.

Nick Stallman
Technical Director
Agentpoint Pty Ltd
The Real Estate Web Developers
Melbourne | Sydney | Miami
nick at agentpoint.com
www.agentpoint.com.au | www.zooproperty.com | www.ginga.com.au |
www.business2.com.au

Business2.com.au is a real estate agent information website that helps
you understand Portals, Technology and comes with FREE tools to help
your Agency become an online success!