[AusNOG] IPv6 excuses

Mark Smith markzzzsmith at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 15:35:31 EST 2016

On 8 Jun 2016 2:25 PM, "Mark Newton" <newton at atdot.dotat.org> wrote:

> On Jun 8, 2016, at 2:31 PM, Mark Smith <markzzzsmith at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Not only did we make it so that IPv6 in its entirety could be switched
on and off for the service, when it was switched on, I'm pretty sure we
made it so that the BRAS would only negotiate IPv6 if the CPE asked for it.

> You recall correctly. Specifically import when we discovered one specific
make/model of CPE which actually crashed when presented with a IP6CP PPP
negotiation :-)

Yeah, I came across somebody saying such a thing existed in Juniper, wrote
up a feature request for Cisco, and they came back and said "type in this
command".