[AusNOG] IPv6 excuses

simon at attwell.net simon at attwell.net
Wed Jun 8 14:02:29 EST 2016

Having been an internode customer for the past 10 years or so, IPv6 dial-stack has been an option for customers for a long time.

However, all IPv6 traffic has always been counted against your quota. No access to "free" services on IPv6 like the internode mirror or Netflix. As far as I know this is still the case and you are still warned about this when enabling IPv6 in the MyInternode portal.

Also media providers haven't really caught on to IPv6 yet. Ten play for example will not play their "live" streams if you use IPv6.

So whilst my home network might be fully IPv6 capable it remains disabled.

- Simon