[AusNOG] AWS Sydney EC2 outage

Kristoffer Sheather @ CloudCentral kristoffer.sheather at cloudcentral.com.au
Sun Jun 5 20:10:30 EST 2016

SY3 I believe.

 From: "Simon Sharwood" <simon at jargonmaster.com>
Sent: Sunday, June 5, 2016 8:09 PM
To: "Nick Stallman" <nick at agentpoint.com>
Cc: "<ausnog at lists.ausnog.net>" <ausnog at lists.ausnog.net>
Subject: Re: [AusNOG] AWS Sydney EC2 outage
FWIW EQUINIX Syd-2 is very close to a canal and very close to sea level.
Wouldn't surprise me at all if they've had water problems in comms ducts.
And AWS doesn't deny its in that bit barn.
On Sunday, 5 June 2016, Nick Stallman <nick at agentpoint.com> wrote:   All of
mine have come back except one.
Kinda inconvenient as it's a main DB server.

The status page still seems to indicate they are still working on fixing
issues so we'll see how long it takes to come back.