[AusNOG] Fibre Cut NEXTDC S1 Yesterday?

Adrian Bone adrianbone at iinet.net.au
Sun Jul 17 04:37:51 EST 2016

Calm down.. Being unintentional I can't see the AFP getting involved.

Before groundworks, drawings are obtained from 1100.com.au.  After
submitting a query, the relevant utility have an automated service,
sending their drawings of underground services to your inbox very
quickly. On site, these must be physically located by potholing to
determine their exact location.

In an excavator I hit a gas main near the boundary of UWA's Claremont
campus around 2007-2008. I was only slowly scratching the dirt, didn't
even see the pipe and gas was spraying high in the air. Wasn't on the
drawing so a gas crew fixed it and that was the end of it.

Only thing I've noticed different these days is ground scanning
equipment, but not sure if this is required. This page is also good
http://www.tio.com.au/about-us/position-statements/damage-to-infrastructure-or-property

Hope you don't mind I printed your email to stick up in the smoko shed
tomorrow to wind up the excavator drivers.. got some real characters at
work after they see this the next excavator driver to hit something will
be getting a prank call..