[AusNOG] Big Thanks to Datacenter Limited

Joseph Goldman joe at apcs.com.au
Wed Jul 13 14:36:47 EST 2016

I can't remember the name of the company - but I remember reading
(possibly on reddit) of a company that builds shipping container DC's,
mostly for PoP's to go into regional areas (buy small block of land, lay
a concrete slab, slot in a shipping container close to major
infrastructure).

For customer indoor units it doesn't make much sense to me over just
building cages, but each to their own I guess. I know Google did (or
still does) have a similar model but there's truly is modular to just
plug in a new container and scale up iirc.