[AusNOG] 4G LTE bridges

Kai vk6ksj at westnet.com.au
Tue Jul 12 13:20:52 EST 2016

Hi Jay,

I am in Broome, we have four remote offices 200 k's away whose only affordable available connectivity is mobile cell data.
Telstra have told me they don't allow static IP on the general mobile network.
Sat is availlable in these areas but mobile cell data is much more reliable, especially during wet season when the Sat can be down for days.
Telstra are keen to get us on the NPLS, but it's not cheap.

I recently installed a 16 element yagi at one of the remote sites, signal is great since installation, we use Telstra extranet APN but still can't get static and don't have any special routing hardware at head office to work the required magic with dynamic remote IP addresses.
What's your general experience with devices suggested so far?

Cheers
Kai