[AusNOG] Any point peering out west for an east coast ISP?

Tom Berryman Tom at connectivityit.com.au
Fri Jul 8 06:49:14 EST 2016

Hi James (And Ausnog),

Gavin was fairly correct in his comment “where you sit on the cost/control/reliability curve” about how much value you will achieve from peering away from the East coast.
IX Australia makes their graphs public: https://www.ix.asn.au/peering/
So you can see where the bulk of traffic exchange occurs.

So, IX Australia and our hardware partner Extreme networks are putting on a series of functions in July.
If you’re interested in learning more about the non-East-coast fabrics these would be a great opportunity to come and pick the brains of other peers or Joe himself; so I’d like to extend the invitation to all of Ausnog if you’d like to join us for a beverage in July everyone is welcome!

Perth (Celebrating WAIX’s 19th birthday)
Bar Lafayette, Brookfield Place, 125 St Georges Terrace, Perth
Thursday 14 July from 5.30pm

Brisbane
The Laneway Bar at Urbane Restaurant, 181 Mary Street, Brisbane

Monday 18 July from 5.30pm

Sydney (Celebrating NSW-IXs 3rd birthday)
Angel Hotel, Level 1, 125 Pitt Street, Sydney
Wednesday 20 July from 5.30pm

Melbourne
Belgian Beer Café (upstairs), 5 Riverside Quay, Southbank
Thursday 21 July from 5.30pm

If you would like to join us, space is limited so please just let Joe or I know and we will ensure there is a name tag for you!

/TB