[AusNOG] 10GbE Switching Options (Results)

Skeeve Stevens skeeve+ausnog at eintellegonetworks.com
Fri Jul 1 15:59:46 EST 2016

Pretty sure I recommended <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_98dHAgKCU> the
Dell S4K-ON or S6K-ON series... or the Z9100-ON - running Cumulus.

Mellanox is also awesome, their SN2100
<http://www.mellanox.com/page/products_dyn?product_family=215&mtag=sn2100>
is hot and supports Cumulus, but not fully yet... will be in a few months.

HP has the Altoline... looks nice, but HP is a pain to deal with at the
moment.  We chose Dell because they are easy and not one of the edge fringe
brands with no supply/logistics in .au

Basically, unless needed, I would avoid Cisco, Juniper, Arista, Brocade
hardware - unless you just want to waste money for the fun of it.

If you like Juniper, get a Dell ON series and run the new disaggregated
Junos.  Cisco will be an option on ONIE switches soon.

Also, don't misunderstand me.  I LOVE Cisco and Juniper... just not their
hardware these days at the prices they charge.

...Skeeve

*Skeeve Stevens - Founder & The Architect* - eintellego Networks Pty Ltd
Email: skeeve at eintellegonetworks.com ; Web: eintellegonetworks.com

Cell +61 (0)414 753 383 ; Skype: skeeve ; LinkedIn: /in/skeeve
<http://linkedin.com/in/skeeve> ; Expert360: Profile
<https://expert360.com/profile/d54a9> ; Keybase: https://keybase.io/skeeve