[AusNOG] 10GbE Switching Options (Results)

Alex Huntington Alex.Huntington at iriworldwide.com.au
Fri Jul 1 15:28:15 EST 2016

Hi Everyone,

Thanks heaps for your off-list replies!

General consensus is 3rd party SFPs are the way to go, lots of people reporting using then in Cisco and Brocade switches without issue. Vendors SFPs at $1,500 as someone so eloquently put it you are simply paying for someone's beach house.

No feedback on the Dell Force10 platform, aside from that aren't in the same league as the Brocade/Cisco which I tend to agree with however the spec sheets are very similar.

Recommended SFPs

-          AFL +1

-          Curvature +1

-          SmartOptics +2

-          FS.com +3

-          FlexOptics +3

-          Fibrestore.com +1

Recommended Switches

-          Brocade VDX +3

-          Cisco +2

-          Huawei +1

-          Melanox +1

-          Dell +0

Thanks

-          Daniel

-          Brett

-          Chris

-          Sam

-          Nishal

-          Meat Bag

-          Robert

-          Anthony

-          Patrick

-          Jorge

-          James

Sorry if I missed anyone, and again thanks AusNog. Have a great weekend!

Cheers,

Alex