[AusNOG] Data Retention - List of Agencies

Paul Wilkins paulwilkins369 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 30 01:33:13 EST 2016

They ran a macro on the existing 1979 ASIO act:

Australian Security Intelligence Organisation Act 1979
3 1A Section 4
Insert:
4
retained data has the same meaning as in the Telecommunications
(Interception and Access) Act 1979.

Meaning existing ASIO data access was extended to the data retention regime.

I am not a lawyer. This is not expert advice.

Kind regards

Paul Wilkins