[AusNOG] Data Retention - List of Agencies

Chad Kelly chad at cpkws.com.au
Wed Jan 20 13:10:34 EST 2016

On 1/20/2016 12:00 PM, ausnog-request at lists.ausnog.net wrote:
> Quite right, BUT lets look at the facts!:
>

> -          Lakemba Jewellery: found guilty for using an unverified measuring instrument. It was fined $5,000.
>
> -          Coles Supermarkets Australia: Pleaded guilty for using "a weighing instrument not at zero while uploaded and shortfalls of up to 9.4% in prepacked lamb chops". Fined $3,000.
>
> -          Santoshi International Pty Ltd: Pleaded guilty to "shortfalls of up to 50% in prepacked spices". Fined $3,000.
>
> -          Woolworths Ltd: Pleaded guilty "to shortfalls of up to 41% in prepacked birthday cakes". Fined $3,300.
>

> "Brandis said was the purpose of the new data retention laws was to pursue "serious criminal investigations".

Those fines are pretty small considering the size of those companies.
Is it just me, or is it Ironic that most government agencies in
Australia are now using AWS. But I guess at least they went and setup an
Au company.
The worst ones are the ones who use US based companies to host various
sites.
They won't even be affected by the data retention laws, and yet
Australian providers will need to increase the cost of hosting to cover
the increased costs.
Even with the grants program.

--
Chad Kelly