[AusNOG] NBN 1Gb "fiber" services

Paul Brooks paul.brooks at tridentsc.com.au
Thu Feb 25 09:52:52 EST 2016

On 25/02/2016 8:45 AM, Aftab Siddiqui wrote:
> *
> *
>
>     Yes its off a standard FTTH NTD - I believe GPON is capable of around 2.4gbits
>     to an NTD.
>

> Yes, it should be 2.5G/1.25G per PON Port unless they are using XG-PON which I
> doubt.. or are they? and with atleast 1:64 split ratio thats severaly contended -
> but thats not a questions here :)

Standard 2.5G down, 1.25G up G-PON port for the uplink, and GigE copper Ethernet ports
for the UNI, which should be able to run fully symmetric. Split ratio I believe starts
at 32:1, with the ability to do a PON-split into two 16:1 sections or further in the
unlikely event that so many 100/40 or higher services are hanging off the same
splitter that contention becomes even remotely likely.

Paul