[AusNOG] Detecting "hung" ssh sessions.

Ross Wheeler ausnog at rossw.net
Mon Feb 22 14:36:17 EST 2016

On Mon, 22 Feb 2016, Nick Stallman wrote:

> You might be looking for the ServerAliveInterval and/or ClientAliveInterval
> settings so the dead connections drop faster.

Thank you gentlemen. I feel like a goose now.
I thought "Yes, yes, I've done all that".

When will programs become smart enough to know that that typo was MEANT to
Should I submit a "feature request" for ssh to accept
"ServerAliveInterva;" as a config statement?

That seems to have fixed things (as far as I can test them at the moment -
simulating a "loss" by adding a firewall rule to drop packets to and from
a test client box)

Appreciated.
RossW